Skip to main content

What's Up 06.28.16

Yesterday morning I wasn't feeling good, so I got a late start on things. Didn't have a chance to show what was up on my design wall. So I'll share now what I have up on the wall.



I have all the units completed for the Metro Twist top. This is a Sew Kind of Wonderful pattern using their Quick Curve ruler. And it is a quick curve to assemble. 



I can do these units without any pins. That's the joy of it.



Now that I have all the units assembled now it's a matter of deciding placement of the units.



I like to put them up on the wall, and then take a picture. 



Then from the picture it give me a better perspective of balance of colored and contrast.



I try not to fuss around too much on this, I can drive myself nuts with it. Since its a donation quilt and will not be 
shown or judged in anyway, I'll go with what looks good. Not perfection
Sometimes you can't get something perfect anyway no matter how hard you try


I am dying to start something new that I have had in my projects box stack. So I drag this one out thinking that would be a good one to work on after I finish the Metro Twist
This pattern with in a Fon's and Porter Easy Quilts magazine back in Winter 2015.




And I found the fabric at a quilt shop that while during our bus trip this pass spring.



Love the color, love the texture of the fabric, and I love big sample they had also up on the wall. In fact that's what sold me. 

I hadn't seen this pattern because I get their other magazine but it just jumped out at the quilt shop.




Funny how the same pattern done in different fabric colors etc. can speak to you in another color wave

I put the live trap out last night to see if there with anymore cruise. I'm already relocated to raccoon fifth past week. And sure enough I have another one in the trap. It will join it ran out by the pump back.
And a plus is none of my pots were disturbed last night either.

This afternoon I go into the eye doctor to have a procedure to correct a slight astigmatism I have in my right eye. It's like a 30 minute procedure in the office, which will not put me out of commission for a reading, sewing, watching TV etc.
The corrective lenses that they implanted during or after my cataract were removed are wonderful. But I'm not quite 20/20 and that's because of the astigmatism. So after this the doctor insures me that I will have 20/20 vision. I can say I haven't had that since before my 40's.
I am loving this no wearing eyeglasses. I still on occasion with will reach up towards the top of my head as though I have my readers up there.

Comments

  1. I love the scrappy Metro Twist quilt it will look great for someone. I also was look at that same pattern when cleaning up my magazine stacks, I think it will look great with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fabrics for the birds of a feather quilt, so different. Looking forward to seeing how that works out. Hope all goes well with the procedure on your eye. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like how your Metro Twist quilt is looking - I have only just used my QCR for the first time so really enjoying seeing other people's projects with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Abigail above I'm also new to the QCR but love it's speed for cutting and as you say the curves are relatively easy. However now I have 90 odd of them to trim and having done a few I think that's where the challenge will be. Yours looks lovely and fresh - I'm sure in its new home it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that all goes well with your appointment. Your quilt looks lovely, I am sure it will be beautiful when it is all done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. but that's how I feel very very summery colors nice job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Metro Twist looks great. Enjoy your new project. I'm looking forward to seeing it come together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t