Skip to main content

Flash From The Past

The first of this month was the 5 years anniversary of my blog.
I had no idea that I would still be writing and sharing my life five years later, besides the fact that I still get great enjoyment doing it.
I'm still trying to figure out a way to share the celebration with you. I have figure out a good thank you.
I was thinking today and thought about going back into the archives and re-post some of my favorite posts.
I realize this should of been done this last month, especially since I wasn't writing about anything,  plus it would of been a prelude to the anniversary date.
Oh, well A day late, A dollar short as the saying go.
Hope you enjoy, 
The first post was very short and funny to think I was so excited that I had another person viewed it.
To this date it has 12 views.


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oh so cute

This weekend we work the cows but not the calves. Here are a few of the calves separated from their moms, patiently waiting until the moms were done.


That's it. 
So funny is that I remember spending hours working out this blogger thing and that was all I had completed.
I was so happy and frustrated at the same time,

It took two days before I made my next attempted.


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hello

I have been thinking about starting this for some time now and decided it was now or never. My goal is to share a part of what I do here at the farm raising cattle, chickens ( for personal enjoyment ) and growing organic veggies. But just part of my life, then there is the real passion quilting, knitting and embroidering. This will be a learning experience that I am looking forward to and hope I can bring some enjoyment to you.  Love to here comments of all sorts. Especially one to help me through this new endeavour.


and later that day I posted this too. This one was so hard to do with pictures and placement.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

another block done


I just finished  this block
 
The snowman quilt is a pattern that Marilyn McSpadden of Kansas designed. I think it is one of the cutest snowman patterns out there. Right now it is being offered as a BOM at Sager Creek Quilts and Yarn works  I know that it is still available.                             The block to the right is another quilt I have started that was offered  as McCall's pattern. It is also in a book called Fancy to Frugal. I just fell in love with this pattern  I did stay with black for the points and centers. Something about the striking contrast I just had to do. Right now I only have two of the sixteen done. But they do not take too long to do. This has been a good project for using up some of my 30's fabric


This block I just finished this block this evening. It too was offered as a BOM in 2009 at the Rabbit Lairs in Rogers Ark.  Kay Harmon picked the fabric and color choices.Kathleen Myers did an overdye to  the fabric. The pattern is a Blackbird design called Vintage Charm Quilt and I'm doing Alma's quilt. Applique is my all time passion in quilting. I love the look of a design stitch on top of a block.
As you can see I have more than one project. There is so many beautiful  quilts I want to make. And heaven know I have to work on using up my stash.
You might also like:

This all has been a blessing for me.
Till next time,
Wishing you many blessing.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your achievements with your blog, I always enjoy my visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness 5 years, Congratulations! I remember how nervous I was to start my own blog and how hard I worked on those first posts. I still put a lot of time into posting trying to make each one interesting. I always enjoy visiting you and hearing about what's going on in your world thanks for sharing a part of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blogaversary!! Here's to many more years blogging to come! It is funny looking back at old posts and seeing how things have changed isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your blogaversary! I love that first post. Hope to see many more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up on old posts but congrats on 5 years... I always enjoy visiting..... Well done.... Looking forward to the next 5....,,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t