Skip to main content

Five on Friday

My five will all start with the letter F


1. Fish chowder. When I was at my daughters this past year she made this dish hoping that "the little dudes" would like it. Now Grammy loved it but the boys they didn't care for it too much. I thought it was mighty tasty so I got a copy of the recipe and I have made it a couple times since I've been home.


2.  Fresh carrots. Now I needed some carrots to go in the chowder and I went out to the garden because I still have a 6 foot patch of carrots in the ground. 

The really neat thing about these carrots is I did not sow the seeds myself. I had let a couple carrots from last year go to seed over the summer and this bed self seeded itself. Have to say it's been the best crop of carrots I've had in... I don't  know how long.


3. Flannel pajamas. Since my girls don't read my blog very often I don't have to worry about them finding out about getting flannel pajamas for Christmas. But I'm going to make her a pair of pink polkadot flannel pajama bottoms. She loves pink


4. Finished circles. I have finished some more circles for that Quilty 365 over at Quilty Folks 


All of these are done in the Christmas theme and I believe this might be enough in count to get me to Christmas Eve. But I think I might need to double check that total and get back with you on that one.


5. Fresh start. Now this will be kind of a teaser, because I'm not going to say too much about it. I would like to do a full post on this subject.
But what I do want to share is I received in the mail my new notebook journal. I keep my list and such in a composition book right now, which works. But I would like to experiment with this book I've  seen so many use in YouTube videos. Others are saying how much they love this notebook. Like I said I will share more before the end of the year to show you how I'm going to set up my new year journal.


Linking up with Amy at love made my home

Comments

  1. I don't think I realized you were doing the circles too = they are kind of neat and fun to do aren't they. i love fish chowder but haven't made it in years - we used to eat it as a child in Wisconsin - but when I made it for hubby - well he hated it, I think it made it a couple times when the girls were small to see if they liked it but they didn't either - I need to make it some time just for me - our version though was more like potato soup - it had chunks of potato, onion and cod I think and a milky/cream base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fish chowder looks delicious. We only have carrots left in our little veg garden, we are saving them for over Christmas. We do have a few goodies left that I have either frozen or preserved to enjoy too. Love the fabric you have chosen for your daughters PJs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic fun five! The chowder sounds delicious and I am sure that the PJ's will be very cosy indeed! Thank you for joining Five On Friday and making it a great thing this year. I so appreciate it! Happy Christmas! See you again in 2016! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a fun list of five for this week. I really like how your 365 project is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Letting your carrots go to seed and re-plant is wonderful! Love your sewing projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fish chowder looks delicious and fancy still having carrots in the garden - amazing! I bet your daughter will be delighted with those pj's. Happy Christmas to you and yours xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t