Skip to main content

Seeing orange




I here it is the middle of September and I just started this month color orange for RSC 15
To think that this is the 3rd Saturday that So Scrappy has had her link up. 



Didn't spend that much time working on this, got side tracked with watching an episode of Doc Martin and quilting some. 
Finished this small block


And now on to this portion. 


I have already been thinking about patterns for next years RSC. Seeing how I haven't really made a dent in my stash or scraps. I think I might attempt something different.

I'm thinking I might do is make one baby quilt a month in the color chosen. That way would end up being 11 small quilt for the year.
And thinking I'll even go a step further and attempt practicing machine quilting on each one. I didn't do that the first time I had  done making one baby quilt a month

Just now thinking about it, the thought of having say three patterns to pick from, I could alternate them. 

Could also choose patterns for the amount time spent on them.
Like have one that's a real quickie for the month when there's not much time to do something. Could have one that takes a little longer and then when that maybe would take a little bit more time to complete.
Seeing how I don't care to do the same pattern over and over again, Find it kind of monotonous. 

Thinking that having a set to pick from would be the way to go.

And if I have the patterns picked out ahead of time all I would need to do is collect the fabric.

Can you believe it there's only 96 days left till Christmas
Which makes me think about taking inventory of what is already  completed as gifts for Christmas.
How about you, how are you doing toward your making Christmas present?


Comments

  1. What a lovely orange block! Does it have a name or did you make it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about three quarters of the way through with gifts, still got cards, tags and toppers to think about. Along with Christmas preserves that I like to include in packages that I haven't made a start on either. Feeling good about the progress so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very vivid orange block. It really brightens a cloudy morning. Sounds like you have a good plan for next year's RSC. Now tI don't feel so out there. I'm also thinking about what to make for next year's RSC and it's only September. But it takes me a while to finally decide what I want to make. There are so many fun patterns out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we watch doc martin too. Did you know miss fischer's murder mysteries started back? Love her clothes. Your orange bin looks like mine. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful orange block, and lovely hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful orange. Love the way your head is already starting to churn out ideas for next year. Sounds like you have plenty of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! That bucket of ORANGE loveliness!! sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great ideas, so I'm sure you won't be bored. Please don't mention Christmas! Too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your plan for next year sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your orange block looks great! Nice to see some hand-quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful orange prints. Love the quilt you are apparently hand quilting.
    We love Doc Martin. Currently watching the third season of Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries and Poirot. .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aggghhh, not even thinking about the C word yet!!! Only just had our summer holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ack! I don't want to think about Christmas yet! I'm with you in pondering how best to use my RSC efforts next year. I think you've got some good ideas percolating. Keep on quilting and maybe the perfect plan will come together. Great block by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t